SHOUT BOX

Personal Discussions between our Members (not related to Martina or Tennis)
Rutherford
Big Fan

Re: SHOUT BOX

Post by Rutherford »

Danke, Nina. You too !

R
bobo
Fan

Post by bobo »

Congrats to Iga on her 3rd French Open title! Muchova pushed her to a third set and played great!
Rutherford
Big Fan

Post by Rutherford »

Bobo .... Nina.... Where are you guys ?....

R
bobo
Fan

Post by bobo »

Hi R! :D I'm alive and well in Colorado. I come to this site every day. How are you doing?
Tennispanther
Big Fan

Post by Tennispanther »

I'm just back from a week vacation in Austria! :)
Collective
Fan

Post by Collective »

Hi everyone! Hope you are doing well. How is everyone's summer going? I've been to Montreal for an F1 race, to Acadia National Park in Maine, and I'm heading to DC tomorrow to take the kiddos to the Smithsonian and curse at the member of congress.
Rutherford
Big Fan

Post by Rutherford »

Good Evening, Markus, Bobo, Nina, and Coll.

I hope everyone is doing well, as well. It's un-characteristically humid here, in OC. We had a tropical storm and earthquake in the L.A. region just last week. Kind of like the movies. haha. Bob: I'm good as well and in OC. Are you enjoying the US Open? Nina: Glad you had a nice vacation. :) Have you ever had a holiday here in states ? Coll: That's cool that you went to Montreal for F1. I haven't been yet but the layout reminds me of Belle Isle in for Indy Car in Detroit, MI. Small Island racing.... I hope the Smithsonian was fun for you and the kids. Markus: Danke, for keeping the site up. How's everything?

Well guys, I would sign off by saying Viva Scuderia but it looks like Red Bull Racing is taking most of the glory. haha. Good call on Perez, Piero. I'd like to see him win the Driver's championship, soon.

R
bobo
Fan

Post by bobo »

Hi R:

I have been watching some US Open. I'm mostly interested in Iga. She's my favorite since a few years ago when she proclaimed that Mikaela Shiffrin was her hero! Mikaela is my favorite athlete, man or woman. I've watched pretty much hall of her races since 2018. Iga is awesome also, and young! Completely dominating the women's game. And I like Alcatraz on the mens side. Fabulous young player with a great personality. And he can beat Djokovic. I never liked Novak and still don't. I hear Orange County has gone over to the dark side. Is this true? Are your neighbors getting crazier and crazier? LOL!
bobo
Fan

Post by bobo »

Hello? (Hello, hello, hello)
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me
Is there anyone home?

The opening of Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb"!

I just may be the the only kid in the playground! Wake up people. If any of U still like tennis, take a look at Iga! Did you watch the WTA Finals? Iga didn't just win it. She absolutely trashed the best players in the world. Made them look like mediocre juniors!
Collective
Fan

Post by Collective »

Hi Bob!

I did follow the finals. Iga IMO is the best player on the tour right now. Sabalenka, Coco, Rybakina and others can challenge on occasion, but its mostly on her racket most of the time. I wish Ash Bary hadn't retired as it would be more interesting. The mens finals were also good! Sinner made it very interesting but in the end the GOAT Djokovic is just too much. Will be great to see if Sinner and Alcaraz can take the next step and push him to retire, or else he will march towards the unthinkable 30 slams.

On a personal note, I am now a citizen of the US of A, which fills me with joy. It's year 15 living here, and while it already felt as home, it's still a nice step.